Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Clam

by Eric E.

Once there was a brilliant kid named Eric. He was fed up with school! It was too easy. His dad didn't like glass blowing. "Too many customers," he complained.

One day, while they were walking, Eric, the genius, saw a clam. "Clams have two big muscles and one foot. They move by squirting water through their neck. It is eaten by starfish, birds and clamworms," Eric informed his dad. He picked the clam out of the road before he got squished.

"You must like clams," said the clam.

"I just didn't want you to get smushed. Clams blood is black except..."

"Gag me, why don't ya!" hissed the clam. "My name is Suocwor."

"You look good to eat," Eric's dad said, gleaming.

"If you put me back in the lake, I'll give you a wish," he said. So Dad, the fool, threw the clam in the lake thinking he'd get a wish.

"Ha Ha," laughed the clam. They caught the clam the next night. They had clam chowder that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment